How to Best Flatter Your Body
Searching for the perfect wedding dress can be quite the stressful experience, with so many options it is helpful to know what shapes and styles look best on your body.
Petite Brides: If you are petite it is important to look for a dress that is not going to overwhelm your frame. This usually means avoiding your traditional full skirted ball gown and instead focusing on sheath style dresses that will elongate your silhouette.
- Vertical designs, empire waists, and plunging necklines will all help to lengthen.
- Slimmer Mermaid and trumpet styles allow a petite bride to get a fuller feeling without overpowering her lower half
Curvy Brides: If you are a curvy bride you are going to want to make sure to accentuate your favorite part of your body. Whether it be your hips, small waist, or voluptuous top there is a dress to help you do that.
- Ruching/ pleating and empire waists will help to hide any imperfections in your midsection.
- A lines and Dark belts will help to highlight your waist and make it seem smaller
- Scoop necklines with straps will show off a voluptuous top while ensuring you are not falling out
Busty Brides: For a busty bride there is one question to ask yourself, do you want to conceal or reveal your bust.
- Straight across tops or sweethearts with modesty panels will help to minimize cleavage
- Cap Sleeves, Thick straps, and Illusion necklines will all help to draw attention away from your cleavage and to your dress
- Traditional Sweethearts and scoop necks will highlight cleavage for those of you who want to show it off
Long and Lean Brides: If you are long and lean you are lucky, the majority of gowns are made with your frame in mind, meaning you will look best in most styles
- Body hugging sheaths show off your figure
- Mermaid styles highlight your tall lean figure
- A high slit draws attention to your long legs
- High necklines and A-lines balance your height
Hourglass Shaped Brides: If you are hourglass shaped you are going to want to focus on finding a dress that is made with a structured material that shows your curves in a flattering way.
- Colored and Glitzy belts will highlight your naturally tiny waist
- Fit and Flare and Mermaid gowns will accentuate your fuller bust and hips while highlighting your smaller waist
**Note: These are not concrete bridal rules but only some tips to help an overwhelmed bride find styles that she may like. Most Importantly if you feel beautiful in your dress, it’s the one for you!
Blog by Bridal Consultant Arianna DeMinico